- Small bowl cooked rice
- 100 grams salmon, cut in small pieces
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 green capsicum, julienne cut
- 2 teaspoons sugar extra
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce extra
- Place the rice at the bottom of a lunchbox/container and set aside
- To cook the salmon, dust it with the flour and pan-fry for 1-2 minutes each side. Once the salmon is cooked, add sugar and soy sauce to the pan to caramelise the salmon then turn off the heat.
- Break the egg into a bowl, season with a pinch of salt and mix well. Place a medium-sized frying pan on a mediumhigh heat. Add some oil and the egg. As soon as the egg starts to cook, use a wooden spoon to move the mixture around to break the egg up into small lumps. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Place capsicum and the second measures of sugar and soy sauce in a small pot over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once all the food has cooled down, it’s time to assemble. Place the salmon, egg and capsicum in three colours on top of the rice.
• Pack a frozen water bottle or ice pack next to the rice to keep it cool during the day.
• Place the cooked rice in the container first so it has time to cool down while you prepare the other ingredients.