- I telegraph cucumber
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- I Tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil (rice oil works well)
- 450gm fresh salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Score the skin of the cucumber lengthways with the tines of a fork, and then slice thinly.
- Combine the lemon juice, rice vinegar, mirin, sea salt, pepper and sugar in a bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cucumber slices, toss to coat the set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan and sear salmon fillets on both sides until almost cooked through, but still pink in the centre.
- Allow to cool then divide into bite-sized flakes with your fingers.
- Drain the cucumber slices, reserving the liquid.
- Arrange in small mounds on four dinner plates and top with the flaked salmon.
- Whisk the olive oil with 2 tablespoons of the cucumber dressing season to taste with pepper and salt and spoon over and around the salmon.