Salmon fillets with sweet chilli and lime sauce
A wonderful recipe to serve guests when one needs a tasty attractive meal where not a huge amount of time needs to be spent in the kitchen cooking.
- 4 x 150g fillets fresh salmon, skin on, boned
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 75ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 75ml sweet chilli sauce
- Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper. Place the salmon fillets on the tray.
- Place the lime zest, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce in a jug and mix. Pour half of the mixture over each salmon fillet. Cover the salmon and place in the fridge to marinate for 1-2 hours. Place the remaining lime and chilli mixture in a small jar or serving bowl, cover and set aside.
- Remove the salmon from the fridge and uncover. Season the salmon with a little salt and place in the oven. Cook for 8-10 minutes for salmon that is just cooked. Remove from the oven.
- To serve – divide the cooked basmati rice between 4 plates. Place a salmon fillet on top of each and sprinkle with the soft herbs. Place a lime or lemon wedge on each plate. Drizzle a little of the reserved lime and chilli mixture over each plate.