Sesame kale and broccoli with salmon
There’s nothing like biting into a perfectly cooked fillet of salmon, with its delicate crispy skin and melt-in-the-mouth flesh. Eat your greens by adding a good splash of soy sauce, hoisin and lemon juice and they will be the star of the show!
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cups curly kale, stem removed
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Cooked salmon, chicken or tofu and rice, to serve
- Bring a frying pan to a medium high heat. Add the sesame oil and garlic to the pan, and saute for 30 seconds before adding the broccoli. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the broccoli is just tender, tear the kale into smaller pieces and drop into the pan. Cooking while stirring for 2 minutes, then stir through the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and half the sesame seeds. Toss to combine, then squeeze over the lemon juice.
- Serve the greens alongside rice and cooked protein, and garnish with the remaining sesame seeds.