Smoked salmon sharing rosti
Brunch is best shared with friends and whānau, and this smoked salmon sharing rosti is a delicious reason to come together this festive season! Adorned with herby creme fraiche, blushing smoked salmon and crisp greens, this fresh meal is the perfect start to any day.
- 1 large orange kumara, peeled
- 2 large Agria potatoes, peeled
- Pams Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp Pams Capers, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber
- 1 cup rocket or watercress
- 100g cold smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- Additional fresh dill and capers, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan bake. Using a grater or grater attachment on a food processor, grate the kumara and potato, and mix together in a bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together a generous drizzle of olive oil with salt and pepper. Handfuls at a time, squeeze as much liquid from the potato mixture as possible and place into the bowl of oil and seasoning.
- Once all of the drained potato mixture is in the bowl, toss until fully coated in oil. Scatter handfuls of rosti mixture across the base of a baking tray, (or two smaller trays) leaving small spaces between each.
- Place into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden in colour and crispy around the edges. Once cooked, leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While the rosti is cooking, stir together the creme fraiche, dill, capers and lemon zest in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, use a vegetable peeler to create ribbons from the cucumber, discarding the seeds/core. Add the rocket, juice of 1/2 the lemon and a drizzle with olive oil, and toss to combine.
- To assemble, scatter handfuls of the cucumber mixture across the rosti, followed by dollops of creme fraiche. Lay slices of smoked salmon across the rosti, then sprinkle over the diced red onion.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon juice across the rosti, then garnish with additional fresh dill and capers if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy.
A bit fancy
Go that extra mile and serve some perfectly poached eggs with your salmon rosti.
If you’re short on time, forgo the rosti and use store-bought hash browns instead.