- Whole salmon fillet (est. 1-1.2kg)
- 1/4 cup Pams Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1tsp Pams Finest Soy Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1/2 green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup each basil, mint & coriander
- 1/2 red chilli (optional), thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- Toasted sesame seeds & spring onion, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan bake. Lay the salmon fillet on a baking tray lined with tin foil, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- To make the sauce, mix together the brown sugar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, garlic, ginger and chilli flakes. Spoon the sauce over the salmon, then rub over the fillet until completely covered. Wrap the tin foil over the top of the salmon and scrunch the edges together to seal.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on weight/size) or until cooked to your liking. Halfway during cooking, open the tin foil, baste with some of the excess marinade and bake with the surface exposed for the remaining cook time.
- To make the slaw, toss together the cabbage, celery, red onion, fresh herbs and chilli. In a small bowl, whisk together the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and remaining soy sauce. Pour over the slaw just before serving, then toss to combine.
- To serve, garnish the cooked salmon fillet with sesame seeds and spring onion, then serve alongside the dressed slaw.