- 1 cup black tea
- 2 Salmon Steaks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Vegetable oil
- Using a thick based frying pan which will fit a rack inside and has a tight fitting lid, line the inside with foil so that it reaches up to the top of the pan side and is folded down the outside.
- Add one cup of black tea ( I use English Breakfast)
- Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar tea
- Place a rack on the top of the tea/sugar mix and place two salmon steaks skin side down.
- Drizzle the steaks with maple syrup and smear to cover all of the exposed flesh
- Drizzle with a little vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with lid and place over high heat – there will be a lot of smoke so this can be done on a BBQ burner outside.
- Cook covered for 6 to 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon, the remove from heat and leave covered for a further 5 minutes
Serve with a green salad and a glass of cooled chardonnay.