Teriyaki salmon and vegetable kebab
These tasty salmon kebabs not only taste amazing but are good for you. Known for its omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is a great protein option that helps improve brain health, protects against inflammation, and can decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Pinch chili flakes
- 500g Salmon Fillet Cut in to cubes 1 inches
- 200g Button Mushrooms
- 200g Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Zucchini – sliced into thick slices
- 1 Capsicums – cut into wedges
- 1 Red Onions – cut into wedges
- 8 Bamboo Skewers, soaked in Water for at least 20 minutes before using them
- Make the teriyaki marinade: In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and brown sugar, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the fresh ginger, chili pepper flakes, and sesame oil.
- Marinate and chill the salmon: Place the cubes of salmon in the bowl, coat completely with the marinade. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Simmer marinade: Remove salmon from marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, simmer for 10 minutes, set aside.
- Grill: Thread salmon, and vegetables on the skewer alternating salmon and vegetable. Prepare grill 230°C direct heat. Place skewers onto oiled grilling tray 6 inches from the element. Turn after 2 to 4 minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes more, basting frequently, until salmon is just barely cooked through.