Calamari with chili & lime popcorn
This more-ish combination is popular in the Hawaiian Islands and I like to serve it at Christmas to friends with refreshing summer cocktails or a chilled wine.
- 1 400g pack of frozen calamari
- 100 g plain un-popped popcorn
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 limes
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the calamari strips onto the tray and cook for 7-8 minutes, turning half way through cooking, or until hot and golden.
- Cook popcorn according to the instructions on the packet.
- Place cooked popcorn in a large bowl, removing any kernels that have not popped. Sprinkle with the chilli powder and shake the bowl to ensure that all of the popcorn is covered with a colourful dusting of chilli.
To serve: Divide the calamari between 4 noodle boxes and top with some popcorn. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over and serve immediately. Cut remaining lime into wedges to serve alongside.