- 1kg prawns, cleaned and de-veined (or use frozen)
- 2 egg whites
- Oil for deep frying
- 1½ cups cornflour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Just enough water to make batter
- Marinate prawns in salt and pepper for 10 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until smooth.
- Add cornflour, garlic powder and paprika and mix well.
- Then add water gradually and mix to a batter consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan and dip each prawn in the prepared batter and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with your choice of sauce.