Zesty garlic prawns
Succulent prawns, cooked in garlic with the added bite of lemon zest and basil
- frozen prawn cutlets
- 1 large lemon
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cottage Lane bread
- salt and pepper
- Thaw prawns according to instructions on the pack.
- Grate lemon rind and cut into strips.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic, peel and crush.
- Bring a frypan to moderate heat, add olive oil and crushed garlic cloves.
- Cook until oil is scented with garlic (do not overcook), then remove and discard garlic.
- Add prawns to the pan and cook on a high heat for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon rind, basil leaves and toss.
- Season with sea salt and ground pepper and serve immediately onto a warmed plate. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and slices of lemon.
- Accompany with generous slices of crusty bread.