Speedy Thai seafood curry
You can use a mix of fish for this delicious and easy curry to add flavour and texture. Prawns, mussels, diced fresh fish, scallops etc. For fish, look for gurnard, trevally or tarakihi.
View the method
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3-4 tablespoons green curry paste
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 600-750 grams mixed seafood (prawns, mussels, diced fresh fish etc)
- 100 grams green beans, sugar snap peas or mangetout, trimmed
- ½ cup torn basil leaves
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
Back to ingredients
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan and cook the curry paste for 1-2 minutes over a moderate heat until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut cream, fish sauce, kaffir lime leaves and brown sugar and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, add the fish and poach gently for about 5 minutes or until the seafood is cooked.
- Add the beans or peas, basil and chilli and serve garnished with extra kaffir lime leaves or basil and steamed white rice.