Mussels with tomatoes and garlic
A wonderfully simple recipe, mussels lend themselves to clean and fresh flavours. Team up with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and you’re onto a winner.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 finely diced onion
- Crushed clove of garlic
- Tin of Italian tomato pulp
- 24 Scrubbed live mussels
- In a large pot with a tight fitting lid, fry gently in a tablespoon of olive oil one finely diced onion and a crushed clove of garlic until golden.
- Add a tin of Italian tomato pulp and heat until boiling, then add 24 scrubbed live mussels and place lid on pot.
- Check mussels regularly and remove from heat when all mussels have opened. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Add a handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
Serve in bowls with crusty bread and a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc