You can't go wrong with a great recipe containing fish. Match your perfect meal with a great wine and serve with steamed rice or boiled potatoes, a fresh green salad and an extra wedge of lemon.
- 1 whole, firm fish
- Handful of chopped soft herbs, such as mint and flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Lay down a large piece of tin foil big enough to wrap the fish & fold over the ends.
2. Onto this lay a piece of Baking paper.
3. Place your whole fish (guts & scales removed) on to the centre of the baking paper.
4. Sprinkle 2 cloves of roughly chopped garlic over the fish, the juice of one lemon, lemon slices, a handful of fresh herbs like dill or parsley and season generously with salt and pepper.
5. Wrap the tin foil over the fish, joining and folding the top and bottom edges first, then roll in the left and right edges to securely seal the fish.
6. Place on a flat oven proof dish or tray, and place into a preheated oven.
7. Bake 15 - 20 minutes at 200c.
8. Open carefully when cooked (steam will escape).
9. Serve with steamed rice or boiled potatoes, a fresh green salad or steamed greens and an extra wedge of lemon.