There’s a reason why ceviche is served around the world all summer long. This South American staple is easy to make yet undeniably delicious. The combination of fresh seafood and lime juice will instantly win you over. Plus it’s perfect at parties as an appetiser.
- 500g skinned and boned snapper fillets, or other firm-fleshed white fish
- ½ cup lime juice, plus extra to serve
- 165ml Pams Coconut Cream
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Lettuce cups, to serve
- Baby coriander leaves, to serve
- Cut the fish into small cubes and place into a non-metallic bowl. Add the lime juice, cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, or until the fish is opaque.
- Drain off the excess liquid and discard. Add the coconut cream, red onion, tomatoes, green capsicum and chilli, and season well with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve in lettuce cups, topped with baby coriander leaves and extra lime juice and pepper.
- For a flavour twist, pickle the red onion in a mixture of red wine vinegar and sugar before adding to the ceviche.
- Serve in small dishes if you don’t have lettuce cups.