- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- ½ cup Thai yellow curry paste
- 1x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 green or red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 500g firm fleshed fish, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Cooked rice and fresh coriander, to serve
- In a large pot, bring the peanut oil to a medium heat. Add the onion, and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the onion has started to soften.
- Stir the curry paste into the pot, and cook while stirring for 30 secs before adding the coconut milk. Stir to combine, then carefully stir in the broccoli and lower the heat.
- After 3-4 minutes, add the capsicum and fish and leave to poach for 4-5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and opaque.
- Once the fish is cooked, season the curry with the fish sauce, brown sugar and lime juice; adding more of each if needed to balance the flavour to your tastes. Sprinkle the sliced spring onions over the curry, garnish with fresh coriander and serve alongside cooked rice.