This is a gorgeous, hearty dish that you can whip up in under 30 minutes. It tastes great and is a midweek meal the whole family will love. Serve it with fluffy rice, creamy mash, or silky pasta and you can’t go wrong.
View the method
- Olive oil
- 500g sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- Knob of butter
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 250g Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 150g sour cream
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper
Back to ingredients
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over a medium heat.
- Place the beef in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, add the flour and toss to coat.
- Add the beef to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until it’s nice and coloured, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the butter, onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- Return the beef and any resting juices to the pan along with the sour cream, mustard and beef stock and stir well.
- Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve the Stroganoff with hot rice, creamy mash or on a bed of fettuccine, garnished with finely chopped parsley.