This is a gorgeous, hearty dish that you can whip up in under 30 minutes. It tastes great and is a midweek meal the whole family will love. Serve it with fluffy rice, creamy mash, or silky pasta and you can’t go wrong.
- Olive oil
- 500g sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- Knob of butter
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 250g Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 150g sour cream
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over a medium heat.
2. Place the beef in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, add the flour and toss to coat.
3. Add the beef to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until it’s nice and coloured, then remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Reduce the heat to low, add the butter, onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes or until soft.
5. Return the beef and any resting juices to the pan along with the sour cream, mustard and beef stock and stir well.
6. Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
7. Serve the Stroganoff with hot rice, creamy mash or on a bed of fettuccine, garnished with finely chopped parsley.