- 8 chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 250 grams button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil and a knob of butter in a large deep pan on a medium heat. Season the chicken on both sides and add to the pan. Cook the chicken for five minutes on each side until golden and crisp, then remove and set aside.
2. Add another knob of butter to the pan, along with the onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
3. Add the flour, stir and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock and cream and stir to combine. Return the chicken to the pan, skin side up, and simmer for 15- 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.