- 800 grams diced lamb
- olive oil
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 900 grams Agria potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-3cm thick slices
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C bake.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the casserole dish on a medium heat. Working in two batches, brown the lamb and then remove from the dish and set to one side.
3. Add the onion, carrots, celery and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, until starting to soften.
4. Return the lamb to the dish, add the stock and stir to combine, then bring to the boil.
5. While it is coming to a boil, layer the sliced potato over the top so you completely cover the dish. Place a few knobs of butter on the potatoes and add a good grind of pepper, then cover with the lid and place in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
6. After this time, remove the lid and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes have started to go golden.