Peri peri butterflied chicken
This peri peri chicken will become a family fave in no time. The sweet and spicy chicken served on a bed of fluffy coconut rice is so moreish you’ll be fighting over second helpings.
- 1 large chicken, butterflied (see tips below if doing it yourself)
Peri Peri sauce:
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tsp Sriracha chilli sauce
- 2 tsp American mustard
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 300g jasmine rice
- 400ml tin coconut cream
- 375ml water
- Zest of 1 lime
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake.
2. Sauce: Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.
3. To cook: Place the chicken in a roasting dish and pour over ¾ of the sauce making sure the chicken is fully coated in the sauce. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, basting with the remaining sauce every 20 minutes. After an hour, remove and test for doneness, then rest for 10 minutes before carving.
4. Rice: While the chicken cooks, place the rice, coconut cream and water in a saucepan on a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Remove from the heat, let it rest for 5 minutes then fluff the rice and stir in the lime zest just before serving.
Divide the rice between 4 serving plates, portion up the chicken and garnish with coriander if desired