Thai green chicken curry
Having a good Thai green chicken curry recipe on hand is a must, and this one is perfect. It’s packed with bright, fresh flavours that will have you licking your bowl.
- Olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 large white onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 Tbsp Thai green curry paste (check instructions on jar)
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 400ml tin coconut cream
- 225g tin bamboo shoots, drained
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan on a low-medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger, curry paste, lime zest and juice and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes until starting to brown, then pour in the coconut cream, mix well and simmer gently, stirring, for 12-15 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add the bamboo shoots and stir to heat through, then serve with fluffy rice and garnish with sliced chilli and coriander leaves.
Fresh coriander leaves