A baked version of this popular curry. With a creamy taste and plenty of flavour it will suit all the family.
- 600g chicken breasts
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2-3 tbs Greggs red curry paste
- 1 lime or lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbs Kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 250ml Campbells Chicken Stock
- 1 tin Trident Coconut milk
- 1 tin Delmaine Lentils, drained and rinsed
- 400g Sunrice Rice
- 1 bunch Pams Fresh Express Spinach, finely sliced
- oil, salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 180ºC.
- Remove the chicken skin.
- Heat a pan on medium heat with a little oil and brown the outside of the chicken then place in a baking dish. (preferably one with a lid).
- Return the pan to the heat and cook the onion till soft. Then add the curry paste, lime leaves, zest and lime juice, ½ the stock and coconut milk.
- Pour over the chicken, add the lentils and bake covered for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. If your dish doesn’t have a lid, cover with some tin foil.
- Cook the rice as per instructions. When it is ready, mix the sliced spinach into the rice, then drain if necessary. Cover to keep hot.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and the sauce. If the sauce has thickened too much, add the remaining stock and return to the oven for 5 minutes more to heat through.
- Slice the chicken into 4 portions.
- Serve the chicken and sauce with the rice.
To use up the kaffir lime leaves put 500ml of water and 500g sugar in a pot with the kaffir lime leaves on a medium heat. Stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and blend till the lime leaves are small flecks. Use as a drink concentrate or a sauce for ice cream.