Tangy sweet balsamic matches up perfectly with beef and tomatoes to produce a flavoursome, relaxed mid-week meal.
- 4 Greater Good Washed Agria Potatoes, diced
- 400-500g Ohakune Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tsps rosemary leaves, chopped
- 450g Beef Schnitzel, cut into strips
- 2 Greater Good Onions, diced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 250g Fresh Express Jumbo Flat Brown Mushrooms, sliced
- 400g Wattie’s Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Delmaine Balsamic Vinegar
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180?C.
- Mix potatoes and brussels sprouts with a little oil. Season and add 2 tsps rosemary.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan until very hot.
- Brown the meat quickly. In two or more batches if needed so the meat doesn’t stew. It should be just browned.
- Put aside and cover.
- Reheat the same pan until very hot.
- Cook the onion, garlic and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat down a bit.
- Add the tomatoes and balsamic and reduce so it thickens.
- Season well, then put the beef back in and heat through.
- Serve the beef with the potatoes and brussels sprouts.
- You could add some olives.
- Chopped parsley is a good addition.
- Many Italian recipes use rosemary so freeze the left over rosemary to use later.
- It’s also a good addition to homemade breads.