BBQ lamb chops with roasted cauliflower
Cauliflower is a much more interesting vegetable when roasted. Serve the lamb and cauliflower with a baked potato for a heartier meal.
- Summer BBQ
- ½ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp Masterfoods Ground Cinnamon
- 70g Pams Blanched Almonds, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon , zest and juice
- 250ml Campbell’s Real Stock
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- 4-8 lamb shoulder chops
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 150g pitted kalamata olives
- ALSO NEED: olive oil, salt, pepper, raisins (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Put the cauliflower onto a baking tray, toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and cinnamon. Roast for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan with a little olive oil and cook the almonds and garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add lemon zest and juice, stock, and ½ the parsley. If you have raisins and like a touch of sweetness add them now. (1-2tbs)
- Cook for 5 minutes then remove and blend.
- Season the chops and cook either under the grill or on a BBQ to the desired doneness.
- When the cauliflower is ready, remove from the oven and dress with the almond sauce.
- Gently mix through the red cabbage ,the rest of the parsley and olives.
- Serve the chops with the warm cauliflower salad.
- Add some grapes or apple slices for a fresher taste and some crumbled soft goat’s cheese for a tangy bite.
- When cauliflower is roasted, it stays crisp and gets a sweet nutty flavour.
- Serve the lamb and cauliflower with a baked potato for a heartier meal.