Beef and roast pumpkin warm salad
This is a versatile recipe that can be used as a filling for wraps or pita pockets as well as being served as it is. You could swap the chickpeas for cannellini or butter beans if you like.
- 500g Beef Stir Fry
- ¼ medium pumpkin, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 390g Delmaine Chickpeas, drained
- 150g Sour Cream
- 1 tbs Highmark Soy Sauce
- 2tsps Greggs parsley
- 4 tbs Royalty Horseradish Sauce
- 1 bunch Spinach, washed and sliced
- ALSO NEED:
- olive oil
- Heat the oven to 190oC.
- Put the pumpkin into a large roasting pan, add a little oil, garlic, orange juice and ½ the zest. Season well.
- Roast the pumpkin for 20 minutes or until it is cooked.
- Mix sour cream, soy sauce, parsley, horseradish and the remaining zest.
- When the pumpkin has about 10 minutes to go, add the chickpeas.
- Heat some oil in a pan until really hot.
- Season the beef and fry quickly until just cooked.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and while hot mix in the spinach.
- Serve with the beef on top and some of the sour cream sauce.
- This recipe can be used as a filling for a dinner time wrap or pita pocket.
- Roast some beetroot with the pumpkin.
- Add horseradish sauce and sour cream to mashed potatoes.
- Horseradish sauce can be served with salmon.