- 4 large potatoes, quartered
- 70g Tasti Walnut Halves
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 fennel bulbs
- 100g Perfect Italiano Parmesan, grated
- 500g beef sirloin
- 1 bag green beans
- 25g Anchor Butter
- ALSO NEED: olive oil, salt and pepper
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile to make the pesto put 175 ml olive oil, the walnuts, parsley, garlic and a handful of fennel fronds in a food processor and blitz. Add more oil if it is too thick.
- Pour the pesto into a bowl and add the parmesan. Season and set aside.
- Season the steak and grill or fry as you normally would.
- Next remove the rest of the leaves from the fennel bulbs and slice the bulb and stalks thickly.
- Put the fennel fronds in a bag and freeze for later use.
- Heat a little oil in a pan on a medium/high heat. Season the fennel and fry until it is tender and slightly golden.
- Steam the beans in a little water until just cooked, then drain.
- While the beans, fennel and steak are cooking, mash the potatoes with the butter and season.
- Serve the sirloin on the greens with the mashed potato beside. Spoon plenty of pesto on top of the steak.
- You can freeze left over pesto in small freezer bags. To store in the fridge, cover the top with olive oil. It will keep for 1-2 weeks.
- Replace the walnuts with almonds.
- Add fennel fronds to tartare sauce or sprinkle on grilled fish.