Beef tacos with Mexican pickled vegetables
This recipe is easy to eat and quick to make. Tasty prime beef mince served in a soft taco shell is perfect with creamy avocado and pickled vegetables. Add some chili to the vegetable mix for a bite.
View the method
- 500 g prime beef mince
- 370 g OEP Soft Taco Kit, Crispy Chicken
- ½ 500 g Greater Good Mini Carrots
- 1 bunch radishes, ends cut off
- ½ telegraph cucumber
- 2 spring onions
- 1-2 avocados
- Spring Salad Mix or shredded lettuce
- ALSO NEED: olive oil, salt, pepper, vinegar (malt or cider)
Back to ingredients
- Either by hand or in a kitchen whizz very finely dice the carrot, radish and cucumber.
- Finely chop the spring onion by hand and add to the other vegetables in a bowl.
- Combine with ½ c vinegar, ¼ c water, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and leave to marinate.
- Mix the mince with the chilli sauce from the taco packet.
- Shape the mince into 10 sausage shapes and flatten.
- Cover each patty in the crumb mix from the taco packet.
- Heat a little oil in a pan on medium high.
- Fry the mince patties until cooked, turning only once.
- Keep a watch they don’t burn.
- When the patties are ready remove from the heat.
- Mash the avocado with ½ tsp of the vegetable marinade.
- Lay out the tacos and add some salad mix or lettuce.
- Place on the mince patty and lastly top with some drained pickled vegetables and mashed avocado.
- You can make more of the vegetables and store in the fridge for a week.
- Add to all sorts of salads.
- Add some heat to the vegetables with 1 tsp of chilli or hot paprika.
- You can include cauliflower, celery, onions or peppers in the marinated vegetables.