Blackened Chicken Thighs
Quick and easy in the oven or a great addition to the BBQ hot plate these chicken thighs can be as spicy as you like.
View the method
- 1 ½ tsp Greggs Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Greggs Paprika
- 1 tsp Greggs Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Greggs Ground Allspice
- 1 tbs Chelsea Brown Sugar
- 2 fresh green chilli, deseeded
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 4- 8 chicken thighs cutlets
- 1.5 kg Pams New Season Potatoes, ¼’d, washed
- 250g Yoplait Greek Style Natural Yoghurt
- 1 knob ginger (chopped)
- 1 telegraph cucumber, cut into batons
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- ALSO NEED: oil, salt and pepper
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC
- Put the ground spices into a food processor and add the 1 tbs brown sugar, 1½ chillies,
- onions, and 1 tbs oil. Blitz to a smooth paste.
- Put the chicken into a large mixing bowl, add the spice paste and mix well.
- Cover and transfer to the fridge for at least ½ an hour.
- Roast the chicken for 35-40 minutes or until cooked.
- Boil the new potatoes until tender then drain and let cool.
- For the dressing, blend the yoghurt, ginger, and remaining chilli and season.
- Mix the cucumber and parsley into a bowl. Add the dressing and stir. Season well.
- Gently mix in the cool potatoes.
- Serve the chicken with the potatoes and cucumber salad.
- Add 1 tsp of spice paste, a handful of parsley to 100ml oil and blitz to make a herb oil to drizzle over the salad
- This spice paste can be used with roast kumara.
- Add ½ tsp each of cinnamon, allspice and ginger to your favourite (brown sugar) shortbread recipe, for a perfect Christmas treat.