Chicken Pie with Crumble Pastry
This is an easy pie to make with lots of flavour. If you are watching the carbs then the crumble pastry top means you can add as little pastry as you like.
View the method
- 200g flour
- 1 egg
- 500g chicken breast or tenderloin(skinless), diced
- 4 Clarks Celery sticks, finely diced
- 300g Greater Good Mini Carrots, finely diced
- 15g Superb Herb Chives, chopped
- 2-3 tbs Delmaine Mustard
- 250g Ricotta or Sour Cream
- 1 Leek
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, olive oil
Back to ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180◦C.
- In a kitchen whizz combine flour, 80 ml olive oil and one egg. Season.
- Add a little more oil if needed so it looks moist and crumbly.
- Refrigerate in a covered bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When hot, add the chicken, celery and carrot.
- Cook until the chicken is done but not too brown.
- Add 2 tsp flour, chives and mustard and cook for a minute longer. Season.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the ricotta or sour cream.
- Put the filling into a pie dish.
- Cover the top of the pie with crumbled pastry. It will look rustic.
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and the filling is bubbling up around the edges.
- Wash and slice the leeks.
- Sauté in a pan with a little oil or butter until soft. Season well.
- Serve the leeks with the pie.
- Instead of chives you could add tarragon and a little lemon rind.
- Substitute cottage cheese for the ricotta.
- Add some capers for a salty tart taste in the dish.