- 70g walnut pieces, finely chopped
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 500g chicken breast, skin removed
- 2 egg whites
- 3 celery stalks
- 2-3 avocados
- ¾ telegraph cucumber
- 4 pita bread
ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, olive oil
- Mix together the nuts, lemon zest and the breadcrumbs. Put onto a dinner plate.
- Slice the chicken breast into finger thick slices. Season well, with plenty of pepper. Whisk egg whites and 2 tbs of water in a shallow dish until mixed. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg white mixture and then roll in the crumb mixture.
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan on medium heat and fry the chicken until well cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking finely slice the cucumber and celery into skinny strips.
- Scoop out the avocado, slice and tip the lemon juice over the slices. Season well.
- Cut each pita bread in half to create a pocket. Mash a 1/3 of the avocado and spread some inside each pita. Add the celery, cucumber and chicken. Serve with a spoonful of avocado on top.
- Add tomatoes, grated carrot or a squeeze of lime if you have some.
- You can warm the pita bread in the oven for a few minutes first if you prefer.
- Add a few chilli flakes to the crumb mix for a spicier version.