- 10-12 Pams 20cm Bamboo Skewers
- 500g Chicken Breast (boneless/skinless)
- 2 tsps Gregg’s Cumin Seeds, ground
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oranges, juice and zest
- 350g Sunrice Brown Rice
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- 420g Oak Garden Peas (mint), drained
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 190g Pams Pesto
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, olive oil
- Boil the jug and soak the skewers in boiling water, this will prevent them from burning when cooking.
- Cut each chicken breast into 5-6 strips. It will depend on the size of the chicken breast but each strip should be about the size of a chicken tenderloin.
- Place the chicken into a bowl with the cumin, garlic, ½ the orange zest and a little oil. Season well and put to one side, covered.
- Cook the rice as per instructions, using the orange juice as part of the liquid.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Cook the chicken skewers as you normally would (BBQ, pan fry or grill). This should take about 5-8 minutes each side. Keep turning until well cooked.
- Put a pot of water onto boil. Cut the asparagus into 3 pieces and blanch for 2-3 minutes putting the stalk pieces in first.
- Drain the asparagus well and mix in the peas and keep warm in the pot.
- Mix the mint, remaining orange zest and pesto through the well-drained rice and lastly fold through the peas and asparagus. Season.
- Serve all together.
- Add some chopped fresh basil and parsley.
- Add some strips of pan fried haloumi to this recipe. Cook quickly in a non-stick pan until browned.
- If you have some fresh peas blanch them quickly first before adding.