This Chicken Spaghetti is full of good things and quick to make. Add some dark purple olives or crumbled goats cheese instead of Parmesan if you like.
- 120g Fresh Express Mesclun
- 1 Living Herbs Basil, chopped
- 70g Tasti Walnuts, lightly toasted
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 300-350g San Remo Spaghetti
- 500g chicken breast, 1cm dice
- 1 pkt Beekist Angel Tomatoes, halved
- 50g Perfect Italiano Parmesan
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, olive oil
- Put water and 1 tbs oil on to boil for the pasta.
- Blend the mesclun, basil, walnuts, garlic with a little oil/water to make a pesto/sauce mix. Season well and set aside.
- Put a fry pan on to heat up with a little oil.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook. Drain well when ready.
- Add the chicken to the hot fry pan. When cooked add the tomatoes.
- Cook for just a couple of minutes further add the pesto and gently fold together as it cooks.
- Add a 3-4 tbs of pasta liquid.
- Add the well-drained spaghetti and combine.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan.
- You can use spinach instead of the mesclun.
- You can use up to 200g of spinach/mesclun to make more sauce.
- Blend any remaining basil with garlic and a little oil. Freeze this to use at a later time. It will add flavour to any tomato based dish.