Lamb chops with beetroot salsa
The earthy taste of beetroot and zingy rosemary are a great combination with the kiwifruit in the salsa. Along with the sweetness of the Kumara it is a tasty summer meal. Use fresh rosemary if you have some.
- 3-4 kumara, peeled
- 2 tbs Maille Mustard
- 4 lamb shoulder chops
- 1 tsp Gregg’s Rosemary, chopped finely
- 1 tsp Gregg’s garlic granules
- 2-3 kiwifruit, peeled, diced
- 2 beetroot, peeled and grated
- 425g Pams Mango slices, diced
- 1 broccoli
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, olive oil
- Heat the oven 180?C
- Cut the kumara into 4 or 6 pieces depending on the size of the kumara.
- Place the kumara pieces on a baking tray and mix with mustard and a little oil.
- Season and roast for 30-35 mins.
- Season the chops and add to the kumara to roast or BBQ until cooked.
- Chop the rosemary and garlic together so a little finer. Put into a cup and add 1 tbs of boiling water to soften for a minute or two.
- Mix the kiwifruit, beetroot, mango, rosemary and garlic with some olive oil and season well.
- Cut the broccoli into flowerets and cook in a little water until just cooked.
- Serve the kumara, broccoli and the roasted lamb with some salsa on the side.
- Serve with a rocket salad instead of broccoli.
- Add some fresh chopped chilli to the salsa.