- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 500g prime beef mince
- 325g Delmaine Original Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 can Budget Tomatoes
- 250g Meadow Fresh Cottage Cheese
- 1 can Delmaine Butter Beans, drained
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 250g San Remo Instant Lasagne
- 50g Ornelle Parmesan Cheese
- 1 packet Superb Herbs Cut Oregano ,leaves
- Saute off the leeks in a little water. Drain and put aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and brown the mince.
- Add the sauce, tomatoes and season.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Lightly squash the butter beans.
- Mix together the cottage cheese, butter beans, leeks, oregano and carrot.
- Season to taste.
- Spread ½ the mince on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Add a layer of the leek mixture.
- Add another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Add the remaining mince evenly over the top and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Perfect served with some salad.
- You can add some pitted Greek olives or roasted pumpkin to the leek and carrot layer.
- For a cheesier version add 100g grated tasty cheese or crumbled feta mixed with the leeks.
- Lasagne is the plural of lasagna. One theory for the origin of lasagne is that it comes from 14th century English recipe called Loseyn (layers of dried flat pastry sheets and cheese cooked together).