Meatball Tortellini Gratin
This tasty meal works well on a busy weeknight. It is easy to make with all the ingredients for the meal in one dish. The lemon and parsley add a hint of summer freshness.
View the method
- 400g beef mince
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 400g Delmaine Tomatoes
- 130g Wattie’s Tomato Paste
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup fresh parsley, washed/chopped (include the stalks)
- 300g Delmaine Tortellini (or you can use Potato Gnocchi)
- 50-60g Mainland Creamy Blue or Brie
- ALSO NEED:
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
Back to ingredients
- Mix the mince with one egg and 2 tbs breadcrumbs. Season well.
- Roll into meatballs, not too large.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry for 5-6 minutes, until lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Stir in the tomatoes, courgettes, lemon juice, zest and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked and the sauce is thick.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
- If using brie, cut into a fine dice.
- Mix together the cheese and the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the grill to a moderate temperature.
- Drain the pasta and add the parsley,(save a little for garnish).
- Combine the meatballs with the pasta and transfer into a heatproof dish and dot with cheese crumb mix over the top.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serve garnished with some chopped parsley.
- Add some pine nuts.
- Use the top half of the parsley stalks. They contain lots of flavour.
- Use all the brie or blue for a cheesier version.