Pork stir fry with cashews
A stir fry with the sweet and salty flavour of Hoisin sauce, tender pork and noodles. With the added crunch of cashews, what's not to like!
- ½ pkt Highmark Ribbon Cut Egg noodles
- 4 pork medallion steaks
- 1 broccoli head
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1-2 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and diced
- 2-3 tbs Highmark Golden Soy Sauce
- 2-3 tbs Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 tin Pams Whole Baby Corn in Brine, drained
- ½ cup Mother Earth Plain Roasted Cashews
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions. Drain and reserve the water.
- Slice pork into strips.
- Cut the corn in ½ lengthways.
- Cut flowerets from the broccoli and quarter. Discard the bottom ? of the stalk, peel the remainder and slice into thin strips.
- Heat a little oil in a wok or pan until very hot.
- Add the pork and cook for 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Remove the pork and set aside. Add the onions, garlic, chilli and ginger.
- Add soy sauce, hoisin and half the coriander.
- Add in the broccoli and baby corn.
- Toss for a minute, then add 1 cup of reserved noodle water and continue tossing. When the liquid is hot you can thicken the sauce if desired.
- Mix 1 tbs of cornflour with a little cold water and stir in slowly until it is the desired thickness.
- Remove the stir fry from the heat.
- Divide the noodles between 4 bowls or plates.
- Serve the pork and sauce on the noodles sprinkled with chopped coriander and cashew nuts.
- Bok choy, red onion and snow peas could all be added to this stir fry.
- Hoisin Sauce and vinegar combined, make a quick and easy dipping sauce.
- Add hoisin to vinaigrette or mix a little through baked kumara.