Saucy pork meatloaf
A delicious meatloaf made with pork, that’s suitable for any night of the week. When turned out ready to serve it has a tangy tomato sauce on top. It’s perfect whether eaten hot or cold.
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves Numero Uno Garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Gregg's Oregano
- 2 tsp Gregg's Allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 500g pork mince
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 125g Delmaine Olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Chutney
- 1 Broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 4 potatoes
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, oil, 1/2c tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- You will need a loaf tin or a similar sized oblong pyrex dish.
- Mix the first 9 ingredients together in a bowl. Season well.
- Mix the chutney and tomato sauce together in another bowl and then spread over the bottom of the load tin or dish.
- Gently add the mince mixture on top, trying not to press down too much.
- Smooth the top over evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes. When ready drain and mash with a little butter or olive oil. Season well.
- Cook the broccoli as you normally would.
- Let meat loaf stand 5 minutes then turn out so the sauce is on top.
- Slice and serve with the mash and broccoli.
- Allspice goes well with cabbage or Brussels sprouts
- Try allspice with anything that might taste food with cinnamon, cloves, or nutmeg.
- Add allspice to chocolate sauce along with cinnamon and cardamom.