Schnitzel with Corn and Black Beans
This is a quick and easy recipe for those busy weekdays when you want something tasty. Add a baked potato for a more filling meal.
View the method
- 500g beef schnitzel
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 can Watties Corn Kernels, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 can Delmaine Black Beans in Chilli Sauce
- 1 -2 tbsp Masterfoods Dill
- ALSO NEED: vinegar, oil, flour, salt and pepper
Back to ingredients
- Divide the schnitzel into 8 portions.
- Put the eggs in a shallow bowl. Put 2 cups of flour onto a plate, and breadcrumbs onto another plate.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. While that's heating, dip the schnitzel in the flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, making sure they're evenly covered each time. As each one is ready put it into the pan.
- Cook the schnitzel until golden brown on the bottom then turn. You may have to do them in batches.
- Once both sides are cooked, remove from the pan and put on the paper towel plate. Keep warm.
- In a bowl combine the corn, red onion, celery, ¾ of the avocado and ¾ of the coriander. Drain the black beans. If you want a less spicy salad, rinse the beans first then drain well. Add to the corn salad.
- Blend 3 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp vinegar (or lemon juice), the rest of the coriander, dill and avocado. Season to taste.
- Serve 2 pieces of schnitzel for each person on the corn and black bean salad salad.
- The salad is great with crisp crumbed fish fillets.
- Smoked paprika can be added to the dressing.
- Add a baked potato for a more filling meal.
- If you can’t find black beans then use kidney beans.