Spaghetti Bolognese has become a dish of the world. It is based on ‘ragù alla Bolognese’ which is a more meat based sauce with less tomato, traditionally served on tagliatelle. There are many recipes for Spaghetti Bolognese and everyone who cooks it can make it their own by adding that ‘little something extra’.
- 600g pork mince
- 2 carrots, diced small
- 2 onions, diced small
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Gregg’s Fennel Seeds, crushed
- 2 tsps Gregg’s Parsley
- 2 tsp Gregg’s Thyme
- 140g Leggo’s Tomato Paste
- 400g Delmaine Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 350g Diamond Spaghetti
- Cerebos Chilli Salt Grinder (optional)
- 50g Perfect Italiano Parmesan
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, olive oil
- Heat a little olive oil in a pot and brown the pork mince well.
- Add the carrot, onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes more.
- Next add the fennel, parsley and thyme and stir around.
- Lastly add the tomato paste, tomatoes, bay leaf and simmer slowly for 15 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the pack.
- When the spaghetti is cooked take a couple of spoonfuls of pasta water and add to the mince to help thicken it.
- To season the bolognaise sauce either grind on some chilli salt or use normal salt and pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti and fold through the mince.
- Serve in bowls topped with a little parmesan.
Add olives, capers or grilled capsicum.
Use tagliatelle instead of spaghetti.
Grate the parmesan and freeze in a clip lock bag ready to sprinkle when needed.