- ¼-½ cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 capsicum finely sliced
- 300g seedless grapes, ½’d
- 1 bunch Superb Herb chives, chopped (optional)
- 4 Greater Good Mini Carrots, grated
- 80 g Edmonds Mayonnaise
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tsps Masterfoods Moroccan Seasoning
- 400g rump steak, cut into strips
- 1 Cottage Lane Sourdough Batard
- 200g Lisa’s Hummus
- ALSO NEED: olive oil, salt and pepper
- Mix cabbage, capsicum, grapes, chives and carrot with mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Set aside, covered.
- Put a fry pan on high heat with a little oil.
- Toss the steak slices in the seasoning.
- Add the steak to the really hot pan in 2 batches. Cook until medium rare then put aside on a plate.
- It will cook a bit more while it sits.
- Cut 8- 12 slices from the batard.
- Either use a toaster or set the oven to grill and toast the batard slices on both sides.
- When cooked, spread hummus generously on each piece of batard.
- Then top with the steak slices and serve with the slaw.
- Make the slaw your own by adding extras like pecans, celery or radishes.
- To make a lighter dressing, substitute natural yoghurt or buttermilk for the mayonnaise.
- Buttering the batard before adding the hummus will make it extra tasty.
- As well as using balsamic vinegar for dressings, add a little to beef dishes for an extra layer of taste.