Steak with Wedges and Crisp Apple Slaw
Blue cheese dressing over crisp apple slaw is the perfect accompaniment to tender steak!
View the method
- 500g Little Gourmet Kumara Red, cut into wedges
- 1-2 swedes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1-2 tsp Gregg’s Rubbed Marjoram
- 1-2 tsp Gregg’s Lemon Pepper seasoning
- 70g Pams Pumpkin Seeds
- 500g beef rump steak
- ½ -¼ cabbage, shredded
- 2 apples, grated
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 50g Emborg Danablu cheese
- 2 tbsp Healtheries Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Lupi Olive Oil
Back to ingredients
- Heat the oven to 185 ºC
- Mix the marjoram, lemon pepper with a little oil.
- Toss the kumara and swede in the herb oil.
- Place onto an oven tray. Roast about 20 mins or until golden brown and tender. Check half way through the cooking time as they may need turning.
- Place the pumpkin seeds into a pan, on a med/high heat and quickly cook until they start to pop. They don’t need long. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the cabbage, grated apple and celery.
- Blend oil, vinegar and blue cheese to make the blue cheese dressing. Season to taste.
- Dress the coleslaw and sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds.
- Heat a fry pan or griddle until very hot. Rub the steak with oil, salt and pepper. Place in the hot pan and cook to desired doneness, turning only once.
You can cook the rump as a whole piece and carve it or alternatively cut the rump into individual steaks and everyone can have it cooked as they like.
- Let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve the steak with a bowl of crunchy slaw and the wedges.
- For a general health tonic, add 2-3 teaspoons of Healtheries Apple Cider Vinegar to a glass of water, twice daily. Mix in honey
to taste if desired.
- Swede has a sweet, earthy flavour. Try roasting swede with chilli, cumin and a little honey.
- Crumble a little blue cheese over scrambled eggs as you cook them for added flavour.