Stuffed capsicum and chickpea salad
Stuffed capsicums make a healthy colourful meal. The sweetness of the roast capsicum goes well with the salty feta and the clean fresh taste of chickpea salad.
- 400g Beef Mince
- 2 tsps Masterfoods Smoked Paprika
- 4 Capsicum
- 150g Creamy Feta Cheese
- 390g Delmaine Chick Peas, drained
- ½ c fresh basil chopped
- 50 ml Newman’s Classic Dressing
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 5 celery sticks finely, diced
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, olive oil
- Cut the top from the capsicum and remove the seeds.
- Dice up the top of the capsicum.
- Mix the mince with the smoked paprika, diced capsicum and season.
- Heat a pan on high and cook the mince for 5 minutes until browned.
- Cut ½ the feta into 4 slices.
- Stuff each capsicum with the mince, a slice of feta on top and roast for about 25 minutes or until cooked.
- Toss the drained chick peas with 1 tsp of smoked paprika and season.
- Heat a little oil on high heat and cook the chickpeas for about 5 minutes.
- When cooked set aside to cool.
- Dice the remaining feta and mix with the basil, a little pepper, the chick peas, tomatoes, onion and celery. Add the dressing and season to taste.
- Serve the capsicums hot from the oven with the salad.
For a creamy tasting salad blend the feta and basil with the classic dressing instead of adding separately to the salad.
Olives, capers and cucumber are great additions to this salad.
Add some chopped dill into the mince before cooking.