- 500g Pams Fresh Express Pumpkin Pieces
- 1 packet thyme
- 4 eggs
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 8-12 Hellers AngusPure Beef or Country Pork Sausages
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 3 courgettes, coarsely grated
- Delmaine Chutney
- ALSO NEED: oil, salt and pepper, milk, baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC.
- Put the pumpkin in the oven to roast until tender.
- When cooked remove from the oven and cool.
- In a blender combine ¼ cup thyme leaves, eggs, 1 cup milk, cooled pumpkin, melted butter, ½ tsp bp and flour.
- Season and blend until smooth. Set aside to rest.
- Pour 2 tbs of oil into an oven dish with high sides (at least 5cm).
- Put the sausages in the dish and roast for 10 minutes.
- Just before you remove the sausages from the oven give the batter another quick blend.
- Then while the fat is still spitting-hot, pour the batter over the sausages to just cover.
- Return at once to the oven, and bake for a further 20 minutes, or until puffed up and golden brown.
- Combine the tomatoes and courgettes with a few thyme leaves, a dash of olive oil and season well.
- Serve straight away with the tomato salad and some chutney on the side.
- Add some smoked paprika, capers, olives or chopped parsley to the courgette salad.
- If you use less sausages there maybe some leftover batter. You can freeze this to use another time.