This cheesy lasagne with tuna is a twist on the family classic. A quick, budget-friendly meal to feed a family, serve with a side of greens for a balanced and filling dinner. Portion and freeze any leftovers to reheat for a quick lunch.
- 50g Mainland Butter
- 4 tbs flour
- 450ml milk
- 200g grated Tasty cheese
- ½ cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 2 x 185g Pams Tuna, drained
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 400g Value Chopped Tomatoes
- 300g lasagne sheets
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach
- Also need: salt, pepper, olive oil
- Heat the oven to 180ºC
- Roast the cauliflower instead of boiling. It can cook while the oven warms up and you make the sauce. Just drizzle a little oil over, season and roast for about 15 minutes or until starting to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Heat the milk in the microwave until warm.
- Melt the butter in a pot. Add the flour to the butter. Stir and slowly add the hot milk till smooth. Turn down the heat and add the cheese. Remove from the heat when the cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the cauliflower, tuna, half of the chives and 4 tbs of cheese sauce. Put half across the bottom of a small oven proof dish.
- Add a layer of lasagne with half the tomatoes. Add the rest of the tuna mix. Add more lasagne and pour over rest of tomatoes.
- Add the remaining cheese sauce on top and bake for 35 minutes or the lasagne is cooked and the top is browned.
- Cook the spinach and serve with a generous amount of lasagne sprinkled with chives.
- If you don’t want to roast the cauliflower, then boil some water and blanch the cauliflower till just soft. It needs to be a little firm. Then drain well and season.
- For extra flavour, add some pitted olives and capers to the tuna mix.