View the method
- 50g Tararua Butter
- 4 tbs Flour
- 450ml Milk
- 200g Meadowfresh Grated Tasty Cheese
- ½ Cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 2 x 185g Pams Tuna, drained
- 1 bunch Chives, chopped
- 400g Wattie’s Flavoured Tomatoes
- 300g Budget Lasagne
- 1 bunch of Spinach
- Also need: salt, pepper, olive oil
Back to ingredients
- Heat the oven to 180ºC
- Roast the cauliflower instead of boiling. It can cook while the oven warms up and you make the sauce.
- Just drizzle a little oil over, season and roast for about 15 minutes or untilstarting to brown. Then remove from the oven.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Heat the milk in the microwave until warm/hot.
- Add the flour to the butter. Stir and slowly add the hot milk till smooth. Turn down the heat and add the cheese. When it has melted turn off. Season.
- Mix together the cauliflower, tuna, ½ the chives and 4 tbs of cheese sauce.
- Put half across the bottom of a small oven proof dish
- Add a layer of lasagne with half the tomatoes.
- Add the rest of the tuna mix.
- Add more lasagne and pour over rest of tomatoes.
- Add the remaining cheese sauce on top and bake for 35 minutes or the lasagne is cooked and the top is browned.
- Cook the spinach and serve with a generous amount of lasagne sprinkled with chives.
- If you don’t want to roast the cauliflower, then boil some water and blanch the cauliflower till just soft. It needs to be a little firm. Then drain well and season.
- Add some pitted olives and capers to the tuna mix.