Walnut stuffed chicken breast
The stuffing of pear, walnuts and basil adds a fresh flavour and crunch to this versatile roast chicken breast.
View the method
- 70g Tasti Walnuts Halves
- 1 pear, peeled and cored
- 1 red onion, peeled and ¼’d
- 1/3 c oregano leaves
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 500g Chicken Breast
- 4 parsnips, peeled
- 500g Greater Good Baby Carrots
- 2 tablespoons honey (melted)
- Asparagus to serve
- ALSO NEED: oil, salt and pepper, butter
Back to ingredients
- Heat the oven to 180ºC
- In a kitchen whizz pulse the walnuts, pear, red onion, oregano and orange zest until like breadcrumbs.
- Using small sharp knife cut a 2-inch-long slit horizontally into 1 side of each chicken breast.
- Move knife back and forth to form a pocket.
- Put walnut stuffing into each pocket and season the chicken.
- Place the chicken onto a roasting dish. Put any leftover stuffing under the chicken breasts.
- Add 100ml of water to the dish and drizzle some oil over the top.
- Bake for 30- 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- In a large bowl mix the orange juice, 1 tbs oil and honey.
- Cut the parsnips and the carrots in half lengthways.
- Add them to the orange honey dressing and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and add to the chicken in the oven.
- About 10 minutes before the end check the oven. If any vegetables are cooked, remove and keep warm.
- Add the asparagus to the oven at this time, drizzled with some olive oil.
- Serve the chicken with some stuffing on top, the roasted vegetables and the asparagus.
- This meal can be made the day before and served cold.
- Make a little more of the orange dressing to serve on the roasted vegetables as a salad.
- When in season include fennel bulb. Roast with the carrots and parsnips (as in photo).