White bean and sausage ragout
Served with some crusty bread, this tasty stew is perfect to enjoy on a winter evening.
- 8 beef flavoured sausages
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1-2 red capsicums, sliced
- 1 tin Pams Diced Tomatoes with Onion and Capsicum
- ¼ cup Tuimato Tomato Sauce
- 1 bunch of parsley, washed and chopped
- 1 bunch Pams Fresh Express Silverbeet, washed and shredded
- 1 tin Pams Cannellini Beans, drained
- Cottage Lane Sour Dough Batard
- ALSO NEED: salt pepper, oil, 4 eggs
- Cut each sausage into 4 pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the sausage pieces and brown.
- Add onion, capsicum and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and parsley.
- Fold in the silverbeet and beans.
- Add some water if the sauce looks too thick.
- Bring to the boil, then make 4 holes and break an egg into each hole.
- Put a lid on the pan and simmer gently for10 minutes or until the egg is cooked.
- Serve with crusty sour dough bread.
- A little red wine added at the same time as the tomatoes gives a richer taste.
- Add some paprika or Moroccan spice.
- Use a course European style sausage