Venison and ginger stir fry
Ready in under 30 minutes, this Chinese-inspired venison and ginger stir fry makes a great dinner for any day of the week. It's wonderfully fragrant and tasty with added snow peas for crunch. Best served over steamed rice or noodles to soak up all the wonderful flavours, along with some Asian greens.
- 2 venison steaks, sliced (or beef)
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 100g snow peas
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1. Combine the venison, cornflour and soy sauce in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan over high heat, and sauté the onion and ginger for a few minutes or until fragrant and the onion has begun to soften.
- Add the sliced venison to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes or until beginning to colour, then add the snow peas and sesame oil.
- Cook until the snow peas are just tender, then serve immediately and enjoy.
Thinly slice one spring onion and use as a garnish for this tasty stir fry.