Gluten free traditional christmas pudding
Christmas is never the same without a Christmas Pudding smothered in brandy sauce or rich vanilla custard! This recipe is quick, easy and gluten free!
- Gluten free
- 125 g low fat spread or butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp Healtheries Dietex Marmalade Preserve
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup glace fruit, cherries, etc
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup Healtheries Simple Apricot & Coconut Muesli
- 2 cup fresh breadcrumbs, made from gluten-free bread
- Beat the butter, golden syrup and marmalade together until creamy.
- Add the eggs separately, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 1litre pudding basin. Cover with a lid (or use a sheet of baking paper and foil, tied securely underneath the rim).
- Place pudding basin on a trivet or an upturned saucer in a deep saucepan. Add boiling water to reach two-thirds up the sides of the pudding basin. Cover with the saucepan lid. Bring the water to the boil.
- Reduce heat and steam for 1 1/2 hours. Replenish water if necessary. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out.
Serve with a vanilla custard or brandy sauce.