Swiss Chocolate Brownie (Gluten free)
This is something I made because I like to think I can make a semi healthy Chocolate Brownie! (didn't quite turn out that way) :) I am half Swiss and we use a lot of Almond flour in baking. This is a Brownie that you will remember forever. That's my promise to you.
- 300g dark chocolate (at least 50% cocoa)
- 250g white chocolate
- 200g butter
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (sifted)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Break dark chocolate into pot and add roughly chopped butter. Melt over low heat and allow to cool.
- Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Add eggs and combine well.
- Pour in chocolate mixture, stir.
- Break in large pieces of white chocolate (2 piece chunks)
- Pour into a lined 20cm by 20cm tin and bake 45-50mins.
- Leave to cool for 30mins and cut into generous portions. When completely cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar.