Gluten free chickpea and bacon hotpot
This kiwi favourite is delicious any time of day and a great gluten free meal option too!
- Gluten free
- 6 slices of Kiwi Streaky Bacon (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 Leek (thinly sliced)
- A nob of Olivani Spread
- 1 can of Pams chickpeas (drained)
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 can Pams chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp Pams sugar
- dash of worcestershire sauce
- 2 handfuls Pams Fresh Express baby spinach
- Pams salt and pepper (to taste)
- Vogel’s Gluten Free bread (toasted)
- Ornelle parmesan cheese (grated)
- Pams ground paprika
- Fry the bacon in a large non stick fry pan until the fat is released.
- Add the sliced leek, grated garlic and Olivani and continue cooking until leeks have softened.
- Stir through the drained chickpeas and tomato paste.
- Add canned tomatoes and worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15mins then uncovered for 5mins.
- Stir through a handful of baby of spinach.
- Serve immediately with toasted Vogel’s Gluten Free bread and top with grated parmesan cheese.
Wine suggestion: Merlot